Monday, December 21, 2009

Changing Gears (and getting it done)

So, I've been playing this MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) called Dungeon Fighter Online (DFO) recently. It's a side-scrolling beat 'em up in the spirit of the old arcade beat 'em ups. If you've ever played Final Fight, The Simpsons arcade booth, or Battletoads you know exactly what I mean.

The Twist:
DFO let's choose from 5 different classes, each with different play styles and moves.
Each of those classes has 3-4 sub-classes with vastly varying play styles.
Every character has an equipment an inventory screen like World of Warcraft or Diablo.
You Level up, as you do you gain Skill Points (SP) which can be invested in new skills and improving old ones.
You can team up with up to 3 other people to take down tough dungeons.

I've been keeping some notes and thoughts down on paper about this game, so I'm gonna turn them into posts about it this morning. Maybe later I'll use one of my other Blogspot spots to start a real DFO blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment