Monday, December 21, 2009

I Hate Gunners

Gunner - The Jerk Who Kills You With One Move

Seriously, I have tried to play a gunner and I just can't get into it. The fact that they pretty much run the player versus player content in this game doesn't help my feelings towards them. Don't get me wrong because they're great in parties... they just sort of piss me off.

Gunners are over powered, right from the get go they can defeat any enemy simply using their regular attacks. they get amazing skills like Windmill kick, Gattling gun, BBQ, Flamethrower, Silver Bullet... really they are just strong. The only reason I really can't get into them is because their basic attack is ranged, using an Auto-Gun, Revolver, Hand Cannon, Musket, or Bowgun. Since I haven't played any gunner sub-class I don't know as much as I do about others, but i'll do what I can for you.

Ranger - Rangers are the closest gunners come to a melee class, they get some close up moves other gunners don't and get huge boosts to attack speed. I don't know if they are the only gunners that can use Revolvers, but they are the ones i see most frequently with them. Rangers seem to focus on strong, fast, basic attacks.

Launcher - Launchers don't use their basic attacks much, all their power is in the skills they get. upgraded Flamethrowers, Laser Guns, Missiles, and even a satellite cannon are in their arsenal, and they can do huge amounts of damage over large portions of the screen. A charged up laser rifle can hit clear across the entire room. These Gunners usually use Hand Cannons to maximize damage.

Mechanic - Mechanics are kind of like summoners, they rely mostly on created units to do damage. The twist is, they can combine units they summon into higher powered units. I don't know the skill names but I've seen; Mortar-Bot, Flying Gunship, Exploding Toy-Bots, Cannon Sentry. Mechanics usually use Auto-Guns, the quick speed helps create big robots faster.

Spitfire - The Magic class of gunner, they imbue their bullets and grenades with the 4 Elements. I don't know much about spitfires skills, except that their elemental grenades can do some mighty big area of effect damage and the ice one can freeze whole groups, which is nice. Usually I see Spitfires with Muskets, I'm guessing they have the highest magic attack.

That's it for gunners, a class I really can't enjoying playing, but greatly enjoy playing alongside. There is a huge population of gunners in DFO, because it's such a strong class with a shallow hlearning curve, but as the primary ranged class in DFO, I'm glad there are so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment